Sugar Detox Bundle
Sugar Detox Bundle
In addition to the nutrient-dense whole foods recommended in OnePeak Medical's 30-Day Sugar Detox (make an appointment with a OnePeak Medical Fitness & Nutrition Adviser to learn more. Covered by most insurance), we also recommend the following supplements to aid and enhance your sugar detox program.
These supplements will help balance your blood sugar and mood, increase your energy and fill in any nutritional gaps that your food is not providing. This is important
because the unfortunate truth is despite the best of diets, regardless of how varied, you might still be missing out on some key nutrients.
- L-Glutamine - POWERHOUSE AMINO ACID! This amino acid helps to heal the lining of the gut, supports your immune system, helps the body build and maintain lean muscle tissue, AND balances blood sugar!
- Chromium Picolinate - Essential dietary nutrient that aids in blood-glucose control, increased energy production, appetite regulation, and improved mood.
- Mood - If you struggle with mood regulation, consider taking the Mood supplement. It contains neurotransmitters 5-HTP and GABA that may help calm the body/mind.
- Craving - This is an excellent supplement for those who struggle with sugar/simple carbohydrate cravings. It contains the amino acid L-phenylalanine which sends a signal to the brain that aids in calming cravings.
- GABA - If you struggle with anxiety or cannot get to sleep because you cannot quiet your mind, this could be a great supplement for you. Take this when you are feeling anxious or before bed. It can help to calm your body and mind.
- Vitamin C - Most people benefit from daily consumption of Vitamin C. Vitamin C helps reduce stress, promotes healthy immunity, aids in the growth and repair of tissues, combats free radicals in the body, improves iron absorption, reduces inflammation, enhances hair growth, and aids in wound repair.
- Vitamin D3 - Most people are deficient in this crucial nutrient. Sufficient Vitamin D in your system assists with good bone health and balanced blood sugar levels, may protect against cancer and heart disease, supports a healthy immune system, promotes hormone regulation, and can improve mood, concentration, learning, and memory.
- Vitamin B Complex - This is another vitamin our body needs and that we are often deficient in. Taking a good B-complex aids in food metabolization/ digestion, nervous system regulation, promotion of healthy skin and muscle tissue, creation of serotonin, promotion of mental acuteness, weight loss, healthy vision, and the production of red blood cells. It also aids in appetite regulation, boosting energy, activating sexual response, and promoting heart health.
- Magnesium - Taking magnesium before bed can calm the body, lower cortisol (our stress hormone), and help you sleep better. It also may help relieve pain, lower your risk of diabetes, protect the brain, improve mood, relieve stress, support healthy teeth and bones, aid in proper heart function, and reduce PMS and muscle tension.